How to enable audio for IP cameras using DS Admin.
Pelco Video Management
- DigitalSENTRY Series software version must be release 7.0 or Higher to enable IP camera audio recording.
- Pelco IP cameras
- Oncam Grandeye EVO 05 / EVO 12 series IP camers
Adding a new audio capable IP camera to an existing or new setup.
Enabling DS audio on supported IP cameras.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > Pelco > DS Admin
- Login to DS Admin using an administrative login (default = user:admin pass:admin)
- Click the + next to the Computer Name under the VAU folder.
- Click the + next to Camera
- Click on the IP camera that you with to enable audio on
- On the General Tab click Edit IP Camera Settings
You will be presented with the following screen
- Under Audio Configuration checkmark Record Audio
- Click Ok
Close DS Admin
Note: Audio streaming is supported with Pelco IP cameras only, 3rd party IP cameras are currently not supported. The Digital Sentry ONVIF IP camera driver does not support audio.