- Can not enable motion on a IP camera through the DX4700/DX4800 menu.
- Can not adjust the motion sensitivity level on a IP camera through the DX4700/DX4800 menu.
- DX4700/DX4800 Configure IP Camera Motion Detetction.
Pelco Video Management
The DX4700/DX4800 Series HVRs does not have a built in interface to configure Motion Detection settings, so a work around is available.
To enable Motion and set sensitivity level on a IP Camera download Digital sentry software. Click here to download.
Note: Installing Digital sentry software will include Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. Consult with your Computer System Administrator before installing.
- Unzip Digital sentry software and install on p.c that will have access to IP camera.
- Run DS Quick setup Wizard
- Select language then select Next
- When prompt "Would you like to create a new configuration or add IP cameras only" select "New Setup" then press "Next"
- "Computer setting" menu, Confirm the IP address displayed is the same scheme the IP camera address is on. Select Next
- "Storage Locations" Enable the C:\ Drive then select Next.
- "Recording Configuration" Select "Disable Recording" then select Next.
- "IP Camera" Quality Tab select a supported Resolution.
"IP Camera" Motion Tab select "In-camera" and Select Motion Sensitivity % and Next.
- Wait unit the "Configuration Completed Successfully" is displayed and press Next.
- Then press "Finish"
- Go to DX47/48 server and add the ip camera.
- Log in to the DX4700/DX4800 (Note: default username: admin password: admin)
- Click on Setup (Gear Icon left hand side)
- Click on Camera menu.
- Click on IP Camera setting.
- Fill in the required fields. Then press Test
- Upon successful Test exit out of setup and save changes.
- Configure the DX4700HD/DX4800HD for motion recording.
- Click on Schedule in main menu
- Click on Schedule in the submenu
- Click on the IP camera selection button (located at the top right of the Schedule)
- Select IP Channel until it turns Blue for motion recording.
- Exit when finished and save settings.
Open the client software or view the live video on DX4700/DX4800 server and notice the white Square icon on the upper right corner of the ip camera. Any motion trigger the square icon will turn blue.
Note: AXIS IP camera
Enabling motion detection and configuring motion sensitivity mask settings on a AXIS IP camera can be done in web interface or by using Digital Sentry software.
Configure the motion detection settings in the Axis IP camera.
- Log into the cameras web interface.
- Navigate to Setup > Detectors > Motion Detection
- Click Add Window and select the desired area for motion.
Adjust Sensitivity settings and configure the other motion parameters.
For detailed information on motion detection configuration with Axis cameras, refer to your products documentation at http://www.axis.com
How to enable the motion detection service from Endura Utilities.
Configure Motion detection in Axis IP camera web interface
How to test Sarix motion alarm events from Endura Utilities
How to verify if the motion detection service is enabled on a Pelco Sarix camera via a web browser