When the DigitalSENTRY WatchDog Service is started, errors are logged in the Windows Event Viewer - Application log reporting:
Event ID : 3145 "The DSWatch Service Monitor has been unsuccessful in attempting to start the SNMP service. The monitor will continue trying."
Pelco Video Management
- All Hardware
- DS NVS
- SNMP Service
- DigitalSENTRY WatchDog Service
The DigitalSENTRY WatchDog Service monitors DS services to verify they are "Started", the SNMP service is also monitored and if not present/installed on the system the WatchDog service will report the error.
Install the SNMP Service before running the DigitalSENTRY WatchDog Service. These instructions can also be used to reinstall the SNMP Service if receiving the WatchDog error and the SNMP Service is installed. To reinstall the service, follow the enable procedure but instead uncheck or disable the service, then once the service is removed follow the steps again to check or enable.
DSSRV or DS NVS running Windows 7/2008
For instructions on installing the SNMP Service refer to article: How to enable the SNMP service on the DSSRV.
DS hardware or DS NVs running Windows XP
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the button on left side of window Add/Remove Windows Components.
- In the Windows Components Wizard - Components window, scroll and highlight Management and Monitoring Tools (do not need to check if not checked, if was checked...leave checked).
- Click the Details... button after highlighting Management and Monitoring Tools.
- Select the Simple Network Management Protocol and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- The required components will install, click Finish when done.
Note: You may be prompted after step 6 to insert a Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD before finishing, verify CD is on hand.