Two or more users attempt control of the same PTZ camera at the same time.
Pelco Video Management
- Spectra or Esprit series PTZ positioning system
- Two or more simultaneous remote client users
Because the DX8100 Series HVR is designed to operate in a networked environment, it is possible that multiple users may
attempt to simultaneously control the PTZ features of a single camera.
To minimize potential conflicts, only one user at a time is allowed to control the PTZ features of a camera. PTZ control is made available on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a user gains control of a camera’s PTZ features, all other users are locked out. All other users must wait until the controls for that device have been left idle for the amount of time configured for that camera, as specified in the PTZ Locking Auto-timeout drop-down box. Available settings for the PTZ Locking Auto-timeout are: 5, 10, 20, 30, and 60 seconds.
The following steps may be used to adjust the PTZ Locking Auto-timeout setting:
- Access the DX8100, either through its local console, or remotely via DX8100 remote client.
Log in as the admin user or a power user account.
- Default admin username and password is admin / admin.
- Click the Setup icon.
- Make sure the Camera icon is selected in the upper-right corner of the display.
- Locate the PTZ Locking Auto-timeout field below the live camera image.
- Click within the field showing the number of seconds to display the list of options for this field.
After selecting the desired setting, click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Note: This is a per-camera setting, so each camera must be configured one at a time.