"CPU usage has exceeded the normal limited operation". Please lower IP resolution.
The DX4700/DX4800 Mouse hangs up and the system loses control Live video remains constant.
Pelco Video Management
- DX4700 nonHD version 01.01.00.0317 - 01.02.01.0800
- DX4800 nonHD version 01.01.00.0317 - 01.02.01.0800
- DX4700HD all Versions
- DX4800HD all Versions
This error simply means system resources are tasked above maximum operational capacity.
Sometimes the DX4700/DX4800 nonHD HVR recorder with IP Cameras installed will exceed and spike up the CPU usage to 75-100% and lock up due to high IP camera resolution configuration settings.
- This can occur from Software Corruption.
1. When this occurs reboot the system to free up resources.
Example: The site may need to institute a reboot schedule based upon system workload. Recommend rebooting at least once every two months.
2. The DX4700/DX4800 server firmware may be corrupt; reflash the firmware or it will have to be upgraded to a newer version.
- Note: This should never occur on a HD system, the reboot will resolve the issue.
Process to flash firmware
- Click here to download version 1.02.01.0866.zip. Make sure to extract the file.
- Format a USB stick on the DX4700/DX4800. Make sure there are no files left on the USB stick.
- Copy unzip files to USB stick that was format on the DX4700/DX4800. (Do not place files into a folder. Extract the files into the root of the USB drive)
- Plugin USB into DX4700/DX4800 and update.
- Once the HVR reboots after the system update, reboot once more.
Note: If a firmware update is not an option due to unit location, a system restart/power cycle will get the unit back up and running.
How to upgrade the DX4700 or DX4800 HVR software
How to format the USB Key on the DX4700/DX4800(HD).