DS ControlPoint OSD (On Screen Display) overlay titles are displaying on and off randomly.
Pelco Video Management
- DS NVs
- DS ControlPoint
- Graphics card on the system running DS ControlPoint or DS Admin does not meet minimum specification.
- The software driver for the graphics card being used is out of date.
- Verify the system running the DS ControlPoint or DS Admin client software meets minimum specifications for DS ControlPoint.
Locate the manufacture and model number of your graphics card
- Start > Run or Search Bar > type in dxdiag and press [ENTER]
- If asked to check for certified drivers, select NO.
- In the "DirectX Diagnostic Tool", click on the Display tab.
- Take note of the information listed under Device
Go to the manufactures website and download/install the latest driver update for the graphics card installed on the system.
If the above 2 options does not resolve, use this workaround (Warning: can increase CPU usage on the system):
- Open the DS ControlPoint software.
- Click on the Setup icon on the left side (three monitors)
- If not selected, click on the Setup tab
- Click the Application Settings button.
- In the "Application Settings" window, check to enable the option Force GDI rendering.
Click back on the Live tab and verify the titles are no longer disappearing.