The CM9760-KBD Intelligent Keyboard may not have communication to the CM97XX-CC1 or the CM97XX-CC1 is not in a desired state.
Pelco Video Management, Pelco Matrix
The root cause of the issue could be one of the following:
- The CM97XX-CC1 may be at the DOS Prompt #1
- The CM97XX-CC1 is off due to power supply failure
- The CM97XX-CC1 was rebooted with a floppy disk in the drive
- The cable from the CM9760-KBD is in the wrong port on the CM97XX-CC1
- The CM9760-KBD baud rate and parity does not match the CM97XX-CC1 programming
- The CM97XX-CC1 EXE version does not match the System Manger version
- CM97XX-CC1 sercom port has failed. Running TESTPORT diagnostic on CM97XX-CC1 will determine PASS/FAIL state.
- The CM97XX-CC1 is not running the correct flat files.
- The CM9760-KBD is connected to a fiber unit that is set for RS485.
- The power source fails to supply sufficient power to the CM97XX-CC1
- The CM97XX-CC1 may be at the DOS Prompt #2
The CM97XX-CC1 may be at the DOS Prompt #1 = The programming was exited out by ctrl Q and will need to be restarted by entering the correct executable and file name.
For Example: CM9700 node1.
- The CM97XX-CC1 is off due to power supply failure = Check the power light on the CM97XX-CC1 if there is no power the CM97XX-CC1 will need to be sent in for repair. To send in for repair see Lessons Learned Article #11086
- The CM97XX-CC1 was rebooted with a floppy disk in the drive = Remove the floppy disk and reboot the CM97XX-CC1
- The cable from the CM97XX-KBD is in the wrong port on the CM97XX-CC1= Plug the CM97XX-KBD into the correct port on the CM97XX-CC1. If the port is unknown see the system manager program for correct port location.
- The CM97XX-KBD baud rate and parity does not match the CM97XX-CC1 programming = The Default Baud rate and parity is 4800 Even. If the CM97XX-KBD programming was changed on the CM97XX-CC1 then the baud rate and parity on the CM97XX-KBD will have to match. To change Baud rate and parity on the CM97XX-KBD see Lessons Learned Article #10264 and follow resolution steps 1-7 ,10-12 and 17-19 disregard the rest of the article.
- The CM97XX-CC1 will Need to programmed with the same version of System Manager Software. To see what version is running on the CM97XX-CC1 see article Lessons Learned Article #9688. Then download the correct version of System Manger from here.
- To test the sercom port see Lessons Learned Article #13309
- To identify the configuration file running on the CM97XX-CC1 see Lessons Learned Article #13310
- The CM9760-KBD is a RS422 devices and will not work with RS485.
- Connect the CM97XX-CC1 power cord to a reliable power source then power on the CM97XX-CC1
- The CM97XX-CC1 may be at the DOS Prompt #2 = Loss of power occurred and the startup.bat file did not restart the CM97XX system files. Type edit startup.bat file and remove the rem command. Press alt+f then select exit, when prompted to save file changes select yes. Reboot the CM97XX-CC1.
- Reset the CM9760-KBD to factory defaults. Lessons Learned Article #9604.