Installing the Digital Sentry software results in a error when the SQL Express 2008 portion is installed reporting the following:
"SQL Express 2008 was not installed so installation cannot be completed.
Please make sure your hardware and operating system meet the requirements to install SQL Express 2008.
Also make sure all antivirus and security apps are disabled."
Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry software 7.2.30 and above
- DS NVs
The error reported is somewhat of a generic error message, there can be different reasons this error is displayed. As more causes are found they will be added to this ticket with resolution.
The "Summary.txt" file reported a configuration error code: 0x3906094D " is not a valid login or you do not have permission."
This is due to the Computer name and Username on the system using the same name.
- This is due to the Computer name and Username on the system using the same name.
The "Summary.txt" file reported an exit message "Insufficient space available in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\. 0MB is required for this feature, and 2485MB is required for all features on this volume."
This is due to lack of available free space on the C:\ drive, must have at least 2.5GB of free space to install SQL.
- This is due to lack of available free space on the C:\ drive, must have at least 2.5GB of free space to install SQL.
Exit code (Decimal): -1035451685, Configuration error code: 0xC24842DB
Configuration error description: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
There is a text file generated Summary.txt when installing SQL Express 2008 that can give error messages and error descriptions for the failure and is helpful when troubleshooting.
Summary.txt file location DSSRV, Windows 7, Server 2008
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\Summary.txt
Summary.txt file location Windows XP
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\Summary.txt
Open the Summary.txt file in notepad and look for the Overall summary: and Detailed results: for error messages and details.
Example: Overall summary
Example: Detailed results
Cause - #1
- The configuration error code: 0x3906094D represents the same name is configured on the system for both "Computer Name" and "Username".
- If there is another user account available to log in with which also has administrative rights, log out and back in with that account and then uninstall and reinstall the DS and SQL software.
- If not you will need to change the computer name on the system, go to START > Search Bar > type in rename this computer and press the [ENTER] button.
- The "System Properties" window will open, click on the Change... button.
- Enter a new name for the system in the Computer name: field and then click OK and then OK again.
- Reboot system and log back in, go to START > Search Bar > type in programs and features and press the [ENTER] button.
- Uninstall the DS/Digital Sentry software and then Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (all entries).
Reinstall the Digital Sentry software.
- Explore the C:\ drive and locate none critical files to delete to free up space.
Some example areas are C:\Users\
\Downloads, Desktop, My Documents....etc.
Once enough free space has been cleared, re-run the DSInstaller or NVSInstaller.
- Follow the complete uninstall procedure to completely uninstall the Digital Sentry and SQL software : How to do a complete Digital Sentry Software Suite Uninstall
- Extract/unzip the DSInstaller before running the Setup.exe.
- Right-click the Setup.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- Follow the default prompts and install the software.