The Gateway does not recognize some/all of the transcoders.
Pelco Video Management
- Endura GW5000: All versions
- Endura NET5301-TC: All Versions
- Endura SM5000: All Versions
Transcoders that are not synced and registered to the SM will not appear in the Gateway database.
- Ensure that the Transcoders are synced and registered to the SM via the System Attributes tab in Endura Utilities.
- If they are not, see Lessons Learned Article #8858 to reset sync and security on them. If they are synced and registered continue to step 3.
- Right click on the GW5000 in Endura Utilities and choose SSH into. [Username: root | Password: pel2899100]
- From the root prompt enter: psql -Upostgres Gateway
- From the Gateway prompt enter: select * from "Transcoder";
The following screenshot shows what an empty table would look like. This indicates that the Gateway does not see any transcoders.
- Enter \q to exit the Gateway database.
- To flush out the database and force the unit to pull new information from the SM regarding transcoders, do the following.
- Stop the GW5000 service: service gw5000d stop
- Enter: cd /usr/local/Pelco/GW5000/Other/Database
- Run the resetgwdb script: ./resetgwdb
- Reboot the unit: reboot