Does Pelco feature a list of mobile devices that are compatible with Pelco Mobile?
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Pelco Mobile version 126.96.36.1998 or newer
- WebServer Service version 188.8.131.528 or newer
- DS NVs version 7.4 or newer
- DSSRV with version 7.4 or newer
In response to a very specific request for specific smart phone/cell phone models without a specific response other than versions of Android and iPhone versions that are supported. If the model of phone works on the supported phone model, chances are, Pelco Mobile will operate efficiently.
There is no reference to an itemized list of cell phone models that Pelco Mobile will work with. However, the specific versions of firmware for either Android or iPhone devices may be of help in determining what model of what phone release will work?
The two supported mobile operating systems are:
Apple iPhone devices:
- iOS version 5.x .x - 8.1.2.
iPad Mini has been tested and verified to be compatible with version 1.2 Mobile App.
- Any device that runs Honeycomb OS version 3.1 and up to the current release of Jelly Bean version 4.1 is believed to be compatible. The hardware on each device is extremely specific, and depending on the phone manufacturer, may NOT run Pelco Mobile properly.
- All versions from Jelly Bean 4.2 and newer is, as of this article, being tested and verified.
- IF the phone model has been recently released (within the last few months [as of this entry 9Apr2013]), then the hardware revision has yet to be tested and verified and may not work.
- IF the phone was purchased through an Amazon dealer/carrier, then the model of cell phone and version of Android is NOT supported. This is due to contractual agreements between Google and Amazon that have nothing to do with Pelco, but affect the way in which Pelco Mobile works.