NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
At or near the 15 minute interval any video that is displayed live on a remote client appears to freeze/pause. During this time there is no recording taking place. This gap usually lasts from 10-30seconds. At the end of the gap the remote client displays "No Video" for a split second.
These symptoms only appear to happen on units with the RAID card installed.
Pelco Video Management
- Misconfigured array.
- Solution: (Storsave=perform controller setting)
Change Storsave setting to Performance manually without changing stripe size to retain previous data. This procedure is documented in How to set StorSave to performance mode on DSSRV-RD?
This option will result in loss of all data.
Reimage entire array to RAID 5 to change the RAID card Storsave setting to Performance and change RAID stripe size to the optimal size of 64k.
- Format a usb key outlined in this procedure: How to create a bootable USB key to re-image a DSSRV.
Download and unzip the bootable usb contents from here: DSSRV Recovery
NOTE: Reimaging the OS only will not enable the performance setting, you must reimage the entire array using Option 2 "Restore System to Factory default" (Erase Video Data).
**This is only for DS USB Recovery 7.4.363 images released:
To verify the RD version by exploring the DS USB Recovery drive:
Explore the USB drive, navigate to the "images" folder, inside open the Version.txt. Should see "7.4.363.7915 - Recovery - 04/09/2013", this is the correct version. If you see the date 2/25/2013 = old version. Any dates newer then 04/09/2013 will also include the RD stripe size and Storsave change
- Explore the USB drive, navigate to the "images" folder, inside open the Version.txt. Should see "7.4.363.7915 - Recovery - 04/09/2013", this is the correct version. If you see the date 2/25/2013 = old version. Any dates newer then 04/09/2013 will also include the RD stripe size and Storsave change
To verify without having the DS USB Recovery:
- Go to Start and Run (Windows Key and R) type tw_cli hit ENTER
- Type /c0 show driver hit ENTER, this should show v5.01.00.046
- Type /c0 show firmware hit ENTER, this should show FH9X 5.12.00.016