The Pelco Spectra IP or HD camera does not move when control commands are selected.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry software
- DS ControlPoint
- DS Admin
- DS NVs
- Spectra IV IP
- Spectra HD / Spectra Pro / Spectra Enhanced
The incorrect protocol is selected for PTZ Type: Pelco SpectraDome.
Verify the correct protocol Pelco SpectraIP is configured in DS Admin for IP camera PTZ control.
- Open DS Admin (Start > All Programs > Pelco > DS Admin)
- Login with an administrator account.
- Expand the Cameras folder
- Click on the PTZ tab.
- Click on the PTZ IP camera in the list.
- Check "Enable PTZ support for this camera".
- Click the Get Types button.
- Click the drop down menu next to PTZ Type: and select Pelco SpectraIP.
NOTE: If PTZ control fails to work after saving the settings, close DSAdmin and manually restart Digital Sentry Video Server Service.
Related link: How to start/stop Digital Sentry Services.
Note: The Protocol and Address options are not used with the Spectra IV IP or HD cameras.