This process is normally used when:
- Adding a keyboard to a CM9700 system
- Replacing a keyboard on a CM9700 system
- Restoring a backup of a factory defaulted keyboard
- CM9760-KBD: All versions
Transferring the setup of one CM9760-KBD to another without the use of a CM9700-CC1 or system manager software.
Note: To perform this procedure the CM9760-KBD's will need to be connected via a reverse cable to the system port of the CM9760-KBD power supply.
- Connect a straight cable from Keyboard 1 (COM1) to the power supply labeled power supply
- Connect a straight cable from Keyboard 2 (COM1) to the power supply labeled power supply
- Connect a reversed cable from Keyboard 1 power supply port (System/Card Cage) to Keyboard 2 power supply port (System/Card Cage)
Note: Older models of the CM9505UPS power supply the data port was labeled "Card Cage". Newer models of the CM9505UPS power supply the data port was labeled "System"
Step 1: Turn the CM9760-KBD over, turn on DIP switch 2 and cycle power. Once the screen reads "Enter Setup PIN" enter 1234 on the keypad.
Step 2: Now we can select the icon from the setup menu. The Keyboard Setup Menu appears on the LCD display
Step 3: Now we can use the left and right arrow buttons to choose the COM port that is being used to download the setup information. For this procedure we'll use COM 1.
Step 4: Now we can select the button to receive information from a connected keyboard.
Step 5: Select to send setup information to a connected keyboard.
At this point the keyboard LCD indicates that it is going through the camera map settings. When finished, "End of Tx" appears on the LCD display.