NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
Received a new CM9700-CC1 that replaced a CM9740-CC1 and need to transfer all configuration files.
- CM9700-CC1 / 9.03.032
- CM9740-CC1 / 7.80.003
- CM9740-MXB / All
Current executable file not compatible with existing flat files.
The new CM9700-CC1 will need to be downgraded to the version of software that is compatible with the existing Matrix application.
To replace the CM9700.exe file:
1. Copy the CM9740.exe file onto a floppy disk.
2. If the CM9700-CC1 is running and the diagnostic screen is displayed you can press CTRL+Q to exit to the DOS prompt.
3. Type in the following command to copy the CM9740.exe to the new CM9700-CC1, COPY A:*.* , then press Enter.
4. Select "A" for ALL FILES TO BE COPIED. A list of all files being copied from the floppy to the 9700 directory will show.
5. Rename CM9740.exe file to CM9760.exe. Type ren CM9740.exe CM9760.exe
6. At the DOS prompt type edit startup.bat
7. Arrow over to the improper file name and delete it, replacing it with the current file name that you wish to run.
8. Press Alt F and select save file.
9. Press Alt F and select exit to return to a prompt.
10. Type startup to restart the program or Reboot the CC1 by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
NOTE: You must press the Del key located under the number 3 key on the numeric keypad of your keyboard in order to reboot the system.