How to setup Auto Tracking analytic on a Spectra HD model camera.
Spectra HD IP cameras
Setup help on configuring Auto Tracking on the Spectra HD series IP camera.
The AutoTracker behavior detects and tracks movement in the camera’s field of view. When the AutoTracker behavior is configured, the system automatically pans and tilts to follow the moving object until the object stops or disappears from the monitored area.
Scene Setup for AutoTracker
Install the camera in a ceiling or against a wall with the lens pointing at a slight downward angle, above regular motion activity. The ideal scene for the AutoTracker behavior is one with light traffic and a clean background. If heavy traffic or a busy background is unavoidable, place the user-defined zone in a relatively stable area. Avoid crowded scenes where people move in all directions or stand in one place for long periods of time.
NOTE: Objects that are very small might not be classified as the correct object type. This could result in false alarms or alarms not being triggered. If objects appear too small in the scene, zoom in on the particular zone of interest or move the camera closer to the zone of interest to increase the relative size of the objects in the scene.
Selecting AutoTracker Settings
- Place your mouse pointer over the Events tab.
- Select Analytic Configuration from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Profile that you want to use from the Select Profile list.
- Select AutoTracker from the select Behaviors list.
- Click the Activate Behavior check box to enable AutoTracker for the selected profile.
Adjust the following zone settings:
- Sensitivity: Sets the sensitivity of the motion detected in the scene. Select Auto to automatically set the sensitivity level to the amount of motion the device detects in the scene. Select Manual to manually set the sensitivity to a specific level.
- Dwell Time: Defines the time in seconds that the device pauses if the tracked object stops moving or leaves the scene. When the specified dwell time expires, the camera moves back to the preset location for the selected profile.
- Follow Options: Defines if the object is tracked beyond the field of view or only within the field of view.
- Unit: Sets the unit of measurement for the scene.
- Camera Placement: Defines the vertical height of the camera relative to the area being monitored.
- Optimize Zoom Settings for Objects of this Type: Defines the type of object to be tracked. Settings include person, car, car or person, and custom.
- Average Width: Defines the average width of objects to track.
- Average Height: Defines the average height of objects to track.
- Click the Save button to save the settings, or click the Reset button to clear all of the information you entered without saving it.