- How do I enable audio on the DVR5100
- How do I associate audio channels through the DVR5100 Remote Client Software
Pelco Video Management
- DVR5100 Version 1.05.XXXX
- Remote Client Software version 1.05.0056
Procedure on enabling audio through the DVR5100 on screen interface and associating audio through the Remote client software.
Procedure 1: Enabling audio on the DVR5100 server
Note: The DVR supports audio inputs on physical channels 1, 2, 9 and 10. These channels can also be associated to cameras by following Procedure 2.
Step 1: Connect microphone or preamp outputs to audio inputs on the rear of the DVR5100.
Step 2: Select the Menu button (option 7) on the front panel of the DVR5100 to display the drop down menu.
Step 3: Select the Setup option from the drop down menu.
Step 4: Select the Cameras tab. Select camera 1,2,9 or 10, check the Capture Audio box and select apply.
Once applied the DVR5100 should begin recording audio.
Procedure 2: Setting up camera audio associations.
Note: Camera associations can only be applied through the DVR5100 Remote Client Software.
Step 1: Login to the Remote client software and connect to the DVR5100
Step 2: Select the setup icon from the top of the screen select the Devices tab (Option 1).
Step 3: Select the camera from the list that you want to associate audio to.
Step 4: To associate the selected camera with a camera that supports an audio feed, do the following:
- In the Audio Associations area, click Add. The Associations dialog box opens.
- Expand the device tree. Cameras that have enabled audio service are displayed.
- Click the check box of the camera to which you want to associate the current camera.
- Click OK. The name of the associated camera to which the current camera is linked is displayed in the Audio Associations pane.
The associated camera audio will playback for both cameras.