NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Unable to update an ASC when adding a new MR to an existing system.
All versions of I/Net utilizing HVAC applications.
On a system that has multiple sublan devices and adding a new or several devices to the controller, when updating the UPD files it appears to get downloaded but when the MCI update is done, only one point is written to the database. If the points are added manually, a Memory Error would come up indicating that there is not enough memory in the controller to do this. However, this is not seen when doing the UPD file update nor MCI Update.
To resolve this issue, the following steps needs to be done:
- Connect to the controller
- Go to Edit/Controller/Configuration
- Verify that the controller does in fact have memory left
- If not, look at the trends that are on the resident I/O Points
- If possible, delete unwanted trends that are using up memory to free it up to allow these devices to be added
- Once done, go back to ASC Parameters and then update the ASC and MCI again.