Previous methods for resetting the admin password to default do not work on new versions
Pelco Video Management
- Legacy Sarix based devices versions 1.7.x, 1.8.x. This script has only been tested on versions 1.7 and 1.8, but should work on all versions as the password is not set manually.
- Endura Utilities versions 2.3.x and higher
The password encoding/encryption method changed from version 1.7.x to 1.8.x. Manually setting the admin password to default will not work with all versions.
Note: If SSH is not enabled with the default login [user: root, password: pel2899100], and the web admin password is unknown, the camera will have to be reset to factory defaults as this procedure will not be possible.
1. Use your web browser's right-click > Save As function to download one of the following scripts...
2. Log into Endura Utilities using your admin login [Default username: admin, password: admin]
3. Import and run the script:
1. From the Scripts tab in Endura Utilities, click the Import button.
2. Browse to and open the desired xml script file to import it.
3. Click the System Attributes tab.
4. Right-click the Sarix device, hover over Scripts in the right-click dialog then select Reset Sarix Web Password.
4. After the script reports success, verify the default admin/admin login.