Remote Keyboard installation over a Fiber link can connect to the CM6800-32x6 using ASCii data.
Pelco Monitors, Pelco Matrix, Pelco Transmission & Power
- KBD300A v5.0 and higher
- FTV/FRV10 Single channel Video with Bi-directional DATA
- CM6800-32X6 Matrix Switcher
Installation and Maintenance.
Remote Keyboard Installation and Setup
Wire the KBD300A using a straight cable to the KBDKIT through the FTV/FRV series fiber modules and KBDKIT walljack; Use another straight cable to Port 4 on the CM6800-32X6:
- Log into the CM6800 and navigate programming using a KBD300A keyboard: SEE Article LL#10159
- Highlight PORTS and configure PORT 4 to ASCii, RS485, 9600, ODD, 8, and 1.
- Set switches to RS485 DATA: Switch 1 to OFF; Switch 2 to ON. See Installation manual for reference at the FTV10D1/FRV10D1 Home page.
- Set KBD300A switches 1-5 to OFF; 6-8 ON. SEE Article LL#10565
Note: Recommend using ASCII ports for Remote Keyboard over fiber. ASCII mode won't be able to access the Matrix menu and power LED on the KBD300A