NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
Full recovery of pre- DS SRV platforms with or without Digital Sentry software.
Pelco Video Management
- DS Desktop
- DSRealVue Raid
- DSRealVue Desktop
In this case, the customer was trying to perform a recovery utilizing a Windows XP home edition recovery CD and in the process, was missing drivers specific to Digital Sentry hardware.
Earlier Digital Sentry platforms before the DS SRV must utilize recovery software specific to Digital Sentry products.
NOTE: Earlier Digital Sentry platforms came with a CD-R optical drive.
OPTION 1: PERFORMING A CLEAN WINDOWS XP OPERATING SYSTEM RECOVERY WITHOUT THE DIGITAL SENTRY SOFTWARE INSTALLED.
For units with DVD drives, download the DS 7.1.47 Clean OS image, Windows XP clean operating system which can be found here. (This is a Windows XP operating system ONLY. There is no Digital Sentry software included with this recovery process.)
For units with CD drives, download the DS 4.1 Clean OS image, Windows XP clean operating system which can be found here. (This is a Windows XP operating system ONLY. There is no Digital Sentry software included with this recovery process. Use Pelco option first if this fails use Original.)
- Download the ISO Burn Software and PDF which can be found here.
- Burn the Clean OS image to a CD/DVD-RW disc. (The file is roughly 3.3Gb. Be sure to use an adequate sized DVD-RW disc)
- Insert the newly burned CleanOS image disc into the CD/DVD-RW optical drive on the Digital Sentry server and reboot the server. (If an external optical drive is used, the boot sequence may have to be altered in the BIOS so that the external optical drive is first in the boot sequence.)
- When the DS server boots off of the ISO image, the following will be displayed: Option 1 - Exit and Reboot, Option 2 - System Partition Restore (Saves all video data), Option 3 - Complete Restore (All video data will be lost - recommended)
- Once you choose an option, the system will want you to verify that you wish to perform the recovery, yes or no.
- Allow the Symantec Ghost process to complete 100%. (approximately 20-30 minutes)
- Once complete, the screen will ask you to remove the recovery ISO disc and reboot the server.
- Once rebooted, the server will automatically find and install hardware drivers and reboot two times.
- After the second reboot, the Windows XP clean operating system installation is complete. You may now download and install Digital Sentry software suites which can be found here. (It is recommended to use version 7.1.90 since the hardware on older Digital Sentry platforms may not support later versions of the installation software.)