DANGERHAZARD OF ELECTRIC SHOCK.
Remove all power from all devices before removing any covers or doors of the system. Disconnect the power at the device and at the power source.
WARNINGELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE REQUIRED.
Discharge all static electricity from your person by touching metal prior to handling any hardware. Failure to do so may result in damage to devices.
What steps are needed to upgrade the firmware chip in the CM9760-MXB.
- U12 Upgrade Chip Part Number: CM9760-BAY-E80
When upgrading the CM9760-CC1 system to the latest version 9 software the CM9760-MXB firmware chip must also be upgraded.
To upgrade System 9760 matrix bay firmware to version 8.04, do the following:
Step 1: Remove the front panel of the matrix bay by loosening the eight captive panel screws.
Step 2: Remove the video output card from slot 17 of the matrix bay. To remove the card, grasp the two card handles and firmly pull the card out of the connectors on the backplane and associated rear panel card. The video output card slides out of the slot.
Note: that, unless the audible alarm on the power supply has been disabled, the alarm beeps when the video output card is removed.
Step 3: Replace the existing U12 PROM chip on the video output card with the chip supplied in the upgrade kit:
- Locate the existing U12 PROM chip on the video output card
- Using the provided extraction tool, remove the U12 PROM chip from its socket. Remove the chip slowly to avoid damaging the socket.
- Remove the replacement PROM chip from the electrostatic bag.
- Note the alignment notch at the top of the chip. Orient the chip so that the notch on the chip aligns with the notch that is drawn on the surface of the circuit board. Verify pin-to-socket alignment, and then carefully press the chip into its socket until the chip is seated completely.
Step 4: Erase the RAM (random access memory) stored on the U10 chip:
- Locate the existing U10 RAM chip on the video output card. Note the location of the chip in its socket (the top two pins on either side of the socket are not used).
- Using the provided extraction tool, remove the U10 chip from its socket. Remove the chip slowly to avoid damaging the socket.
- Wait two minutes and then reinstall the chip into its socket in the same position noted in step 4a. Verify pin-to-socket alignment, and then carefully press the chip into its socket until the chip is seated completely.
Step 5: Reinstall the video output card into slot 17 of the matrix bay.
- Align the top and bottom edges of the card with the top and bottom card guides of the matrix bay.
- Slide the card toward the rear of the matrix bay until the card is seated firmly with the connectors on the backplane and with the associated rear panel card connector. The audible alarm on the power supply should stop beeping.
Step 6: To ensure proper operation of the matrix bay, reset the video output card by pressing the Reset button on the card for about five seconds.
Step 7: Reattach the front panel of the matrix bay by tightening the eight captive panel screws.