The DSAdmin software will become unresponsive and will not expand the system in site tree:
An unexpected error has occured in the system. Please make a note of it and contact your appropiate support personnel.
Error Occurred at: Date and Time
Where error occurred: dsData
Error Number: 5
Error message: Invalid procedure call or argument
Error Message: 'System Name' could not be reached.
Pelco Video Management
Digital Sentry - all versions.
- Login for DigitalSentry is incorrect or corrupt.
- The IP address in "Available Systems" is incorrect.
Login to Digital Sentry is incorrect:
Verify that the username and password can logon through DS ControlPoint. If it cannot and an alternative username and password is not known please contact Pelco Technical Support for assistance.
Note: Default username for DSAdmin is admin and default password for DSAdmin is admin.
IP Address in "Available Systems" is incorrect
- Login to DS Admin and have it fail to connect to the system. The DS Admin program should open regardless.
- Under the Availabe Systems directory click on the system that cannot be connected to.
- Verify that the "TCP/IP address" for that system is correct. Note: If you are on the Digital Sentry server itself then try using the loopback address: 127.0.0.1
- After the IP address is verified click the "Save" button.
- Click the 'Connect' button
DSAdmin user password may be corrupted
- reset the admin user password in SQL Management Studio.
- Need to contact tech support to resolve this issue.
SQL Data Base is in SUSPECT mode
- Unable to log into DS Admin/DS ControlPoint because the SQL database is in SUSPECT mode and is inaccessible.
- Need to contact Pelco Tech support to resolve this issue.