If JAVA 7 update 25 is installed, web browser users who login with a Workbench profile (which uses JAVA applets) are affected. The web applet is prevented from being started, and the browser appears to stop loading the Niagara user interface.
TAC I/A Series
I/A Series G3, all versions
All browsers may be affected
JAVA 7 update 25
Oracle has just released JAVA 7 update 25 which appears to cause the I/A Series Niagara web applet to fail. This issue may affect your customers who accept the default automatic JAVA upgrade.
See TPA-IA-13-0007.02 for details.
Patches are available for the following builds:
- 3.5.39 with security patches
- 3.6.47 with security patches
Download and install wbapplet.jar for all 3.5 and 3.6 stations or web.jar for 3.7 stations. Update baja.jar and fox.jar for all stations.
Maintenance builds are also available for download from The Exchange Download Center. These builds include all previous security patches plus the patch to address the JAVA 7 Update 25 issue.
- 3.5.406 (also referred to as AX-3.5u4)
- 3.6.406 (also referred to as AX-3.6u4)
- 3.7.106 (also referred to as AX-3.7u1)
The I/A Series G3 maintenance builds and patches can be downloaded from The Exchange Download Center.
|I/A Series G3 Revision||Java 7 Update 25 Patches|
|3.5.39 with security patches||Java7Update25_wbapplet_patches_3.5.39.zip|
|3.5.403||No patch available … upgrade to 3.5.406 maintenance build required|
|3.5.406||Released Schneider Electric maintenance build includes patches|
|3.6.47 with security patches||Java7Update25_wbapplet_patches_3.6.47.zip|
|3.6.406||Released Schneider Electric maintenance build includes patches|
|3.7.106||Released Schneider Electric maintenance build includes patches|
Note: Schneider Electric strongly encourages customers to upgrade to the latest maintenance builds to take advantage of additional security enhancements as well as module updates.
Follow the instructions contained in TPA-IA-13-0007.02 for the version installed. Remember to clear cache on the client workstation after updating!
Alternative workarounds are:
- Edit user account to use HX profile. This does not use JAVA applets so does not require JAVA plugin. (Mobile profile in AX 3.7 should not be affected either).
- Downgrade JAVA plug-in back to JAVA 7 update 21. This will require accessing Oracle JAVA archive and creating a free Oracle login to access the installer
Try this link to the Oracle JAVA archive.