A red X is displayed on the screen of a VCD5000 video-console display
Pelco Video Management
- VCD5001, version 1.02.0040 or higher
- VCD5002, version 1.02.0040 or higher
- VCD5003, version 1.02.0040 or higher
- VCD5004, version 1.02.0040 or higher
Possible causes include the following:
- There is 10 or more seconds of packet loss on the selected stream. This can occur if the encoder or camera is powered off, or there is a network-connectivity issue to the encoder or camera.
- The time on the VCD and Encoder does not match. If this is the issue, you will see the red X overlay live video.
- There is an intensive process running in the background, e.g., multiple instances of enhanced search. This is very rare and it will only display the X for a short period of time.
- Verify all cameras and encoders are connected and operational.
- Verify all network connections
- Verify the network infrastructure is in compliance with the requirements specified on page 13 of Installation Guidelines for Endura Equipment.