Using a Web browser connected to a Sarix series Network Camera, h.264 compressed video is not available.
Sarix based firmware will not display video when multiple IP addresses are applied to a single NIC
- Sarix Series cameras - all models all versions.
Installation, service, and upgrade.
- Open the browser, login, and click on the primary stream.
- Select the Quick View Stream.
If the machine "sees" video; verify PC specifications, Network Configurations, and compatibility for viewing h.264 rendered video.
Open Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools > Internet Options from the menu.
- Click on the Security tab then click the Trusted sites icon.
- The “Enable Protected Mode”option should NOT be checked.
- Adjust the Security level slider to Low
- Press the Custom Level button and confirm the following settings:
- Run components signed with Authenticode = Enable
- Download signed ActiveX controls = Enable
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe = Prompt
- Run ActiveX controls and plugins = Enable
- Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls = Enable
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting = Enable
Press the Sites button then add the IP address of the camera (for example: http://10.220.232.100)
Press the Close button.
Finally, the computer hardware may not support video rendering at this level of compression.
- Upgrade video graphics.
- Use another machine.
NOTE: Google chrome is not supported.