Export recorded video using the DX Series Client.
Pelco Video Management
- DX Series Client - All versions
- DX4700/DX4800 (HD)
- DX4100 (audio not supported)
- DX8100 (audio not supported)
- DX8000 (audio not supported)
- DX4000 (export not supported) - use the DX4500/DX4600 Client
Export recorded video for use as evidence from a DX Series HVR/DVR.
DX Series Client Export recorded video:
NOTE: The DX Series client allows you to export a file to the computer's HDD, which can then be burned to a CD/DVD.
To export standard data:
- In the site tree, right click a site and login to DX server.
- On the toolbar, click the Export icon.
- To enter the export settings.
To select a folder to store the exported schedule, perform one of the following options:
- Accept the default path: By default, the path is C:\DX Exported files or C:\DX Series Exported files. Go to step 6
Enter a different path
- In the Windows environment, create a folder
- In the Save Path box, click Browse. The Export dialog box appears
- Go to folder, click the folder, and then click OK. The path appears in the Save Path box.
- In the Data Type box, select a format.
- Click Add. The entry appears in Export Setting table.
To export data:
- In the Export Setting table, select an entry.
- Click Export
DX Series Client Export Interface with definitions
- Server: Displays the name of the device for which data is being exported.
- Channel: Selects the export channel.
- Audio: Allows audio data to be export.
- Date/Time: Configures the start/end date and time for exporting recorded video. Recommended times are from 1 minute to 50 minutes.
- Save Path: Allows you to enter the location to store the exported data.
- Data Type: Supports exporting data in native or AVI format. Both formats include the date/time stamp.
Export Table Buttons:
• Add: Populates the export table with the an export schedule.
• Edit: Allows you to modify an existing export schedule.
• Delete: Permanently removes the selected export schedule from the export table.
- Export Table: Displays the export entry.
• Export: Starts the export process.
• Cancel: Stops the export process.
• Exit: Exits the Export mode. Exiting the Export mode does not stop or cancel an active export process.
Note: Native video will require the export viewer to playback and AVI will require the Pelco AVI codec to be installed to playback. Use these links to get to articles on downloading the viewer and the avi codec.
DX Series Export Viewer, Pelco AVI video file(s) exported from any DX Series DVR/HVR System