- All models of box and PTZ cameras all versions
- Manual Iris Lens
- Auto Iris lens
- The issue is caused by over exceeded light reflectance entering the aperture and "drowning out" all other reflected details.
- Data Settings are stored on memory chips which corrupts for various reasons causing Iris to open or close incorrectly.
- Adjust Video Settings and configurations
Does the camera support a reset feature? Reset to factory defaults.
Are the Contrast and Brightness settings correct? Adjust Video Settings and configuration.
The lens adjustment on the camera can be turned up too high. Turn the lens adjustment pot quarter turns to resolve issue. Increase/Decrease Iris levels in menus.
The Auto Iris Control Cable
- The control cable from the lens to the camera can have broken pins or not seated
- The camera Video/DC drive or port could be damaged. Swap with a KNOWN GOOD WORKING LENS; if problem remains, repair or replace camera.
- The Iris is malfunctioned; Swap with a KNOWN GOOD WORKING LENS; if problem resolves, repair or replace lens
Manual iris Lens
If Lighting has increased with in the field of view then this can occur with a manual Iris lens. Adjust the Iris for the new lighting variable. If manual adjusts do not resolve; Swap with a KNOWN GOOD WORKING LENS; if problem resolves, repair or replace lens.