What is the process to enable Remote Desktop sharing (RDP) on the Digital Sentry NVR/SRV or the Endura Workstation?
Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry SRV
- DSSRV / DSSRV2
- Windows 7
- Endura WS5000, WS5060, WS5070
Require remote Windows operating system administration.
Click on Start > Search bar and type in Allow remote access to your computer and click ENTER.
- Alternatively, click on Start > Control Panel (category view) > System and Security > under System click the link Allow remote access.
Alternatively, click on Start > right-click on Computer and select Properties > click the link in upper right column Advanced system settings > select the Remote tab.
In the Remote Desktop section, select either of the following:
- Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop.
Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication.
- Click Apply and then OK to save and close.
To use Network Level Authentication, you must meet the following requirements:
- The client computer must be using at least Remote Desktop Connection 6.0.
- The client computer must be using an operating system, such as Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3, that supports the Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP) protocol.
- The RD Session Host server must be running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008.