DS Admin and DS ControlPoint display No Video and are unable to communicate with a Sarix IX30DN camera running firmware version 1.7.8 even though the camera was added using DS QuickSetup and the cameras web interface displays video on the recorder.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry 7.2.30 and above
- DS NVs
- Sarix IP cameras with firmware 1.5.9 -thru- 1.7.8
The Public View option in Sarix camera's web interface is configured to Disable (location: Users > General Settings), the Pelco API in the camera did not allow authentication for the video stream in firmware versions 1.5.9 - 1.7.8.
Information on issue:
The feature to disable public view in the Sarix IP camera was first introduced in firmware version 1.5.9, the Pelco API did not allow VMS recorders to authenticate until firmware version 1.7.15 and above.
Digital Sentry software version 7.2.30 and above added the ability to authenticate and successfully connect to video even if Public View = Disabled.
Sarix firmware 1.8 and above changed the name from "Public View" to "Authentication Motion" with the options of either Open or Closed.
To display video in Digital Sentry:
Verify running Digital Sentry software version 7.2.30 or above.
Set the Public View option in the Sarix camera to Viewers
- Open the Sarix IP cameras web interface and then login with the 'admin' account.
- Click on the Settings link
- Mouse over the Users tab to expose a submenu, click on General Settings
- Click the drop-down next to Public User Access Level: and select Viewers.
- Upgrade the Sarix IP cameras firmware to the latest version.
Reset needed if firmware upgrade/downgrade is needed from Sarix 1.7.41 to a higher version
Where can I find the latest version of firmware for the Sarix camera?
Where can I download the latest version of Digital Sentry software.