After setting up local groups, tours, and live display layout, the system administrator would like to copy the settings from one client PC to others so the same settings don't have to be configured multiple times.
Pelco Video Management
- DigitalSENTRY series HVRs
- DX Series HVRs
- Multiple client PCs running DS ControlPoint
Multiple client PCs running DS ControlPoint that need to connect to the same set of video recorders.
The DS ControlPoint system configuration can be shared by exporting the configuration from one client PC and imported into DS ControlPoint on other PCs. In order to export and import the settings, the following steps may be followed:
- Click the Setup icon if the Setup tab is not already displayed
- Click the Application Settings bar
- Within the Application Settings window, click Sync
- In the Sync Settings section, select Export Settings to save a file with .CP extension
- For the client PC that the settings are being copied to, follow steps 1 thru 3, then select Import Settings.
If the client PCs are using multiple monitors, make sure the monitor layout within the Microsoft Windows display settings are identical, otherwise, if the "save last live configuration on close" feature is enabled, the live view windows will not populate correctly. If the live view windows are not populated correctly, they may be reconfigured on that client PC, then close and reopen DS ControlPoint in order for the new layout to be saved on that PC.
Shared DS ControlPoint settings for all users on PC.
How do I save the display layout (Live View) when exiting DS ControlPoint?
Where is the DS ControlPoint global settings file (ControlPointCache.xml) located in Windows 7 ?
Reset system settings on the DS ControlPoint.