How to add an IP camera to the DX4700/DX4800 HVR?
Pelco Video Management
- DX4700/DX4800 (HD)
Pelco IP cameras
- Note: Oncam Grandeye 360 camera is not supported.
- version 2.0.1.00.0869, Onvif is only support for Pro series.
- Axis Vapix 3 (version 5.x or later)
- All Pro series cameras are not supported. (IMP, IMP+, IBP, IBP+, IXP, IJP+, IWP+, P1220)
Adding IP camera to the DX4800 HVR.
The DX4700 / DX4800 HVR's support a maximum of 2 IP cameras with a total bitrate of 4Mbps.
The DX4700(HD) / DX4800(HD) HVR's support a maximum of 8 IP cameras with a total bitrate of 12Mbps.
To add an IP camera to the DX4800:
Log in to the DX4700/DX4800
- Note: default username: admin password: admin
- Click on Setup (Gear Icon left hand side)
- Click on Camera
- Click on IP Camera
The unit allows you to configure the following settings: version 1.0
- Channel (Ch): Lists the IP network channels (IP 01 and IP 02).
- Vendor: Allows you to select an IP camera from the supported manufacturers: Axis and Pelco. If Axis does not show up it will have to be added using the DX Series Client.
- Model Name: Allows you to enter the IP camera’s model. The model defined here is displayed in the application window.
- Host Name: Allows you to enter the camera’s IP address.
- User Name: Allows you to enter the user name assigned to the IP camera.
- Password: Allows you to enter the password assigned to the IP camera.
Port: Displays the default port used to communicate with the IP camera and allows you to enter a different port.
Note: NonHD leave at 554.
- Test: Allows you to validate that the IP configuration is correct.
- Upon successful Test exit out of setup and save changes.
Screenshot version 2.0
DX Series Client reference
- When adding more than one IP camera at the same time, the unit takes approximately 10 minutes to connect to the cameras.
The supported resolutions for the DX4700/DX4800 and DX4700HD/DX4800HD:
DX4700/DX4800HD Series HVR's: Supported resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x1024, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080. The unit supports H.264 only (Main Profile) video compression. Supports up to 12Mbps total. Click Here for IP camera resolution list.
DX4700/DX4800 Series HVR's: Supported max resolution the server supports for live video is 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL. The unit supports H.264 only (Baseline Profile), black video will be displayed if using MAIN or HIGH. Supports up to 4Mbps total. Click Here for IP camera resolution list.
- Appendix D Supported IP Camera Resolutions
- DX4700/DX4800HD Series HVR's: Supported resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x1024, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080. The unit supports H.264 only (Main Profile) video compression. Supports up to 12Mbps total. Click Here for IP camera resolution list.
What IP camera brands are compatible with the DX4700/DX4800 Series hybrid video recorders (HVRs)?
"Resolution not supported" error when adding a Sarix Megapixel IP camera to the DX4700/DX4800 and DX4700HD/DX4800HD
IP Camera test failed (Not enough bandwidth) Check IP Camera Setting and Internet connection on DX4700/DX4800.
IP Camera test failed. Check IP Camera Setting and Internet connection on the DX4700/DX4800.
What is the default IP address for Pelco IP cameras?