- DS ControlPoint Client display "Unknown Error" when camera is drag in to live viewing panel.
- DS ControlPoint Client displays "Unknown Error" when performing a video search on a camera.
- After selecting cameras to search, and choosing start and end timeframes the "NEXT" button is grayed out and inaccessible.
Pelco Video Management
- DS NVs
- DS Legacy systems
- DS ControlPoint
- No Hard Drive enable in the DS Admin Storage Locations menu.
- Problem with the System saved in Manage Systems.
- The DS ControlPoint installation was executed from the compressed (.zip) folder instead of extracting first and then running. Certain .dll files have failed to register during the installation
Option 1 : No Hard Drive enable in the DS Admin Storage Locations menu.
Enable Storage Location in DS admin:
- Open DS Admin and navigate to the VAU(s), click on the system name underneath the VAU(s) folder to load the VAU configuration tabs on the right.
- Select the Storage Locations tab and highlight the drive letter used for local storage under the Local Storage window.
With the drive letter highlighted, verify there is a check in the checkbox for Activate Storage Location. Note: When using Network Storage > Copy To Network Storage Locations is check marked, at least one local storage drive must be enabled.
Note: Make sure Selected Drive does not say offline.The C: drive is the only drive that should not be active.
Option 2 : Problem with the System saved in Manage Systems.
Remove system from Systems tab.
- Go to the Systems tab of DS ControlPoint
- Disconnect from respected system
- Right Click and delete system
- Close DS ControlPoint
- Open DS ControlPoint
- Create new system
- Connect and verify Search now works
Option 3 : The DS ControlPoint installation is was executed from the compressed (.zip) folder instead of extracting first and then running. Certain .dll files have failed to register during the installation
Uninstall and reinstall ControlPoint.
Uninstall DS ControlPoint from Programs and Features (Control Panel > Programs and Features) in Windows.
Note: You may experience dll unregister errors during the software uninstall, this is normal due to problems with the original installation.
Once uninstalled, locate the downloaded DS ControlPoint installer folder. Unzip (extract) the folder by right-clicking on the folder and select Extract All, next through the wizard using all defaults.
Locate the fully extracted DS ControlPoint installer folder, double-click the Setup.exe inside to install DS ControlPoint.
- Verify video is now displaying.