- I cannot get video from my Genex Multiplexer onto my large screen monitor. How come it will not work?
- Can I connect my Multiplexer to my TV?
Pelco Monitors, Pelco Matrix
MX4000 series Genex Multiplexers: MX4004, MX4009MS, MX4009MD, MX4016MS, MX4016MD, MX4016CS, MX4016CD
With the advent of larger and larger screen flat panel monitors/TV's, and the switch from analog to digital has happened over time, no one is aware that Analog video cannot be input into a TV; especially a larger screen monitor without converters in between
In order to get video from a Multiplexer onto a large screen TV, or, a TV in general, the following will apply:
- Analog, composite, video at 1Vp-p is NOT a digital signal. There is NO resolution to the output as it is strictly raw, analog video.
- A TV has a comb filter that allows for channels of video to be input so that you can selectively watch them; just as you would tune your radio to a certain frequency/channel to listen to.
- Most TV's are larger screen, higher resolution flat panels without any input whatsoever for CCTV applications and therefore should NOT be used. However, in the event that it is a MUST to use the TV purchased, then there MUST be a channel modulator in between the Genex Mulitplexer and the TV. At the same time, there MUST be a conversion from BNC to whatever input the TV requires (HDMI; DVI-x; VGA; etc.). This may require several devices to get the conversion correct.