The operating system must be re-installed on a NET5402R-HD/VCD5202
Pelco Video Management
- NET5402R-HD video decoder, all versions
- VCD5202 display, all versions
- The operating system may be corrupt.
- The settings on the NET5402R-HD/VCD5202 may be incorrect and cannot be corrected through other means.
What you need
- A USB Key formatted with the FAT32 file system.
- A PC running Microsoft Windows.
- The liveusb-creator-3.6.5-pelco.zip file.
- The net5402r-2.3.4.0002-i386-DVD.iso file or the vcd5202-2.3.4.0002-i386-DVD.iso file.
- Right-click on the liveusb-creator-3.6.5-pelco.zip file and choose Extract all.
Inside the extracted folder, double-click on the liveusb-creator.exe file, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1 EXECUTING THE LIVE USB CREATOR
- After the Pelco USB Installer Creator window opens, click on the Browse button.
Select the ISO file for your device and click on Open, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2 SELECTING THE ISO FILE
Click on the drop-down list under Target Device and choose your USB thumb drive. Then, click on Create USB Installer as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3 CREATING THE USB INSTALLER
After the process has completed, your window should look similar to Figure 4, below.
Figure 4 USB CREATOR OUTPUT
After the process is complete, exit the application. Go to Start → Computer and double-click on your USB key. The USB key should have the following items inside:
- The NET5402R-HD or VCD5202 ISO file
Figure 5 FILES ON THE USB THUMB DRIVE
- Remove the USB key from your computer and insert it into any of the USB ports on the front or back of the NET5402R-HD/VCD5202.
- Connect a monitor to the first white DVI port back of the NET5402R-HD/VCD5202.
- Connect a USB keyboard to one of the NET5402R-HD/VCD5202's USB ports.
- Restart the NET5402R-HD/VCD5202.
- When the NET5402R-HD/VCD5202 begins to start back up, press the DEL key on your keyboard to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- Press the right arrow key until the boot menu is shown.
- Under Boot Priority Order, select your USB key and press the + until it as at the top of the list.
Once finished, the boot settings screen should appear similar to Figure 6, below. In this example, we are using a Kingston USB drive.
Figure 6 THE BIOS BOOT SETUP SCREEN
- Press F10 to save and exit.
After the unit reboots, it should show a screen similar to Figure 7, below:
Figure 7 THE INSTALLER BOOT SCREEN
- Highlight Automated Installation (Recommended) and then press ENTER.
After about two minutes, the blue installation screen will appear with a progress indicator, as shown in Figure 8, below:
FIGURE 8 The Package Installation Screen
- No further user input will be required. Once the installation has completed, the system will reboot automatically. It will start up normally even if the USB key is still inserted. In general, it takes about 40 minutes for the installation to finish, although this number will vary depending on the speed of your USB thumb drive.
- It is now safe to remove the USB key.
If the progress screen in Figure 8 is not shown, but instead the screen pauses indefinitely at a screen that says, "running /sbin/loader," then it is recommended that you try again with a different USB key. A USB key with a status LED is recommended to ensure the NET5402R-HD is using the device.