PTZ Protocols and Coaxitron control
- Spectra IV
- Spectra Mini PTZ
- ExSite IPSXM
- Add a PTZ camera to a coaxitron system
- No 2-wire data control available
- Existing installation
The Spectra IV, Spectra Mini, ExSite IPSXM, and Esprit Series PTZ cameras have the ability to receive a coaxitron signal.
Coaxitron is Pelco's proprietary protocol format for pan/tilt/zoom control of a camera over coaxial cable. Various manufacturers feature the ability to communicate with a camera through the coaxial cable. The universal name for communication over coaxial cable to a ptz camera is often referred as "Up the Coax".
View the following related articles:
- Selecting the proper video coaxial cable
- Convert Pelco P or D protocol to Coaxitron.
- Dip Switch settings for selecting Pelco Coaxitron