You are unable to pull more than four streams using the RTSP server on an NSM5200 network storage manager.
Pelco Video Management
NSM5200, version 2.3.1 or higher
By default, the NSM5200 is configured to provide only four playback streams at a time using its RTSP server.
- Open an SSH window into the NSM5200 using the steps outlined in Lessons Learned Entry 13089.
- Once at the command line, type vi /usr/local/Pelco/RtspServer/Private/RtspServerConfig.xml
- Inside the file, press i to go into insertion mode and move down to the line that says max_rec_streams and change the number 4 to a higher value.
- Press Esc to get out of insertion mode.
- Press SHIFT + : and then type wq and press ENTER.
- Restart the RTSP server by typing service rtspserverd restart