NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Configuring a Digital Sentry system in a distributed environment (DMS with up to 4 VAU's), the "Audio Channel" tab in DS Admin is grayed out making it impossible to configure directly attached audio inputs to a ENC5416 encoder.
Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry software 22.214.171.124 and above
- DS NVs
- Analog Video
Distributed configuration on systems not using TX400 capture cards.
The audio feature in DS Admin for distributed configurations worked with the older DS Xpress hardware using TX400 capture cards, the DSSRV, DSSRV2 and DS NVs will not have the audio tab available in DS Admin, it will be grayed out.
**This issue does not affect IP camera audio, IP camera audio does not use the "Audio Channel" tab.
It is possible to enable the audio inputs and associate to cameras using the Windows registry (Warning - complicated steps).
Enable the audio input for recording:
- Open the Windows Registry on VAU which contains analog audio connections (Start > Search Bar and type in regedit > ENTER)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Integral Technologies, Inc. > Digital Sentry > VideoServer
- With VideoServer folder highlighted, scroll down and locate the keys AudioChannelXX (XX is the audio input number on the ENC5416, the registry starts at 0 so audio input 1 = 00, input 2 = 01, input 3 = 02...etc.
- Double-click on the AudioChannel key which matches the audio input.
To enable the audio channel for recording, in the Edit Binary Value window locate the 0080 line and then count over 5 places, double-click the 00 and change to 01.
Input 1 on ENC5416 1 enabled for recording
If you would like to change the title of the audio input to match the camera title so that they line up in DS ControlPoint, scroll back up to the top 0000 and start with the first bits.
Uses Hexadecimal data for ASCII characters, can use this table for the correct hex to ASCII characters http://www.asciitable.com/ (match the "Hx" column to the RED "Char" column)
Fill out every other bit field, keep one 00 field between letters.
No changes to default
Edit first character of name (Using the chart, capital E = 45 Hex):
Fully edited to read "Erics Desk - 102"
Associate a camera to the enabled audio input:
- Open the Windows Registry (regedit) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Integral Technologies, Inc. > Digital Sentry > VideoServer
- With VideoServer folder highlighted, locate the key 0AudioAssociationXX (XX is the camera number which starts at 0 in the registry...example: Camera1 = 00, Camera2 = 01, Camera3 = 02...etc.Double-click the key which matches the camera you would like to associate.
The first bits after 0000 represent the camera to audio channel association. Example: If camera 1 need to be associated to audio 1, the bits would stay 00 (because audio channel and association in the registry start at 0) If you would like to associate camera 5 on board 1 to audio input 14 also on board 1, you would double-click on 0AudioAssociation04 and change the bits after 0000 to "0D" - D = 13 in Hex.
Camera 5 associated to audio input 6:
Make sure the IP address listed is the VAU IP address. If you need to change the IP address, start 5 over from 0000 and skip every other field. Must add the period/dot in the IP address (HEX to ASCII for period = 2E)
- When finished with the edits, restart the DS VSS on the VAU and then refresh DS Admin or Disconnect/Reconnect DS ControlPoint.