An "Invalid Pointer" error message is displayed when attempting to open an existing project in the WorkPlace Tech Tool software.
TAC I/A Series
WorkPlace Tech Tool release 5.x.x
The WorkPlace Tech Tool project database file (project-name.wtp) is missing or is corrupted.
Use the WorkPlace Tech Tool software to recreate the project and reassociate the applications with the project.
- Navigate to the project folder using Windows Explorer.
- If the a .wtp project database file is present, rename the file, by adding .save to the end of the existing .wtp file name, for example, rename My_Project.wtp to My_Project.wtp.save
- Close Windows Explorer.
- Open WorkPlace Tech but do not open the project.
- Under the WPT Project Menu, select New
- Specify the name of the project. Use the same name as the existing project folder. Using my example from step 2, you would create the project named My_Project
- In the displayed "Add Application to Project From..." window, select the "Unassigned File" tab.
- All existing applications for that project will appear in the list. Select them all by holding down the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and clicking on each file shown in the list.
- Click the [OK] button at the bottom of the window to add all the selected applications to the newly created project.
- Exit from the Workplace Tech Tool software.
When you reopen this project, all applications should be shown and any of them should open properly.