How to change the Scan Speed of the Spectra IV for a slower moving pan speed.
- Spectra IV Series
Spectra IV is auto scanning fast by use of Presets 99, 98, 97.
The Spectra IV auto scan speed may be changed by accessing the Spectra 95 Preset Menu. The default Speed for auto scan is 25. Stepping scan speed down from the default of 25 to 7 has been the most widely accepted range for a scan.
Changing the Scan Speed from the KBD300A in Direct Mode:
Note: Use of the KBD300A with a matrix such as the CM6700 or CM6800 will prompt "EDIT LABEL" text generation when 95 Preset is attempted. Move flashing cursor to SET and then move Joystick to Right to prompt the Spectra 95 Menu.
- Prompt the Spectra 95 Preset Main Menu
- Use the joystick and move the flashing cursor next to DOME SETTINGS.
- Press the OPEN key of the KBD300A
- Move the flashing cursor next to MOTION
- Press the OPEN key.
- Move the flashing cursor next to SCAN SPEED and press the OPEN key.
- The cursor should now be flashing over the scan degree default value of 25.
- Move the joystick in the down position continuously to lower the value to the range of 7.
- Press the OPEN key to move the cursor back to the left side of menu.
- Move cursor to EXIT and press the OPEN key. Settings automatically save.
View the following related Lessons Learned articles for additional information:
- Accessing the Spectra or Esprit 95 Preset Menu from various control systems
- Starting Auto Scan of a Spectra series analog camera