NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
Patterns stop and Presets fail to start or do not complete when switching off the monitor.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Monitors, Pelco Matrix
CM9700 Series Matrix version 9.03.0xx
Any PTZ camera
When switching from one monitor to another monitor a Stop Command is issued to prevent PTZ camera run away.
1. From the CM9700-CC1 Diagnostic Screen enter Ctrl + Q to quit the executable and exit to DOS.
2. This will exit you to a DOS prompt, [C:\9700].
3. From the DOS prompt type edit startup.bat (the batch file name may be different) and hit enter.
4. To the end of the startup command add a space forward slash C ( /C ).
5. Select Alt F (File) and Save
6. Select Alt F (File) and Exit
7. From the DOS prompt type startup and enter. You should see it run the new command.
8. You will now be back at your diagnostic screen, log into your keyboard, notice your patterns and presets
will not stop when changing to alternate monitors.