DANGERHAZARD OF ELECTRIC SHOCK.
Remove all power from all devices before removing any covers or doors of the system. Disconnect the power at the device and at the power source.
WARNINGELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE REQUIRED.
Discharge all static electricity from your person by touching metal prior to handling any hardware. Failure to do so may result in damage to devices.
NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
UDI5000-MTRX not responsive when connecting serial device to DB9 serial port
Pelco Video Management, Pelco Matrix
- UDI5000-MTRX: Rev A1 (New Hardware)
The UDI5000-MTRX serial port is non-operational due to a connection issue during assembly.
The following steps must be performed for the serial port of the UDI5000-MTRX to work.
1. Power off the UDI5000-MTRX and remove the top covers screws and cover.
2. You should see the following if the serial ribbon cable is connected incorrectly to the serial port motherboard header.
3. Pull the connector straight up and flip 180 degrees, reconnect to the serial port header. It should look like the picture below.
4. Reinstall the top cover and screws.