When a system is connected on Mobile App thru phone service then changes from 3G to internal WiFi, the mobile app fails to connect
Pelco Mobile fails to connect to Wifi but can connect via phone service
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Pelco Mobile App- any version
- WebServer Service- any version
- DS NVs
- Any Sarix platform based IP camera.
Smart Phones can switch connections automatically; WIFI takes over the 3G as soon as the phone detects the WiFi. This causes the IP address to chang from the public IP address to the local IP address. As a result Pelco Mobile disconnects.
Pelco Mobile application doesn't automatically switch between external IP and internal IP connections.
- Turn off the WiFi and stay on 3G connection.
- Create 2 profiles on Pelco Mobile App, one for external connection with the public IP address and another one for the internal with the local IP address and when the WiFi takes over, close the app and connect to the internal system.