After installing the Niagara AX Lon Tunnel Client, the service fails to start and Windows displays the following error:
Could not start the NiagaraAX Serial Tunnel service on Local Computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
TAC I/A Series
I/A Series AX Lon Tunnel Client
There are two possible causes of this issue.
- The LON port specified is already in use and assigned to a physical LON adapter. The LON adapter assigned to this port may not necessarily be currently installed into the computer.
- One of the underlying Windows functions or services required by the AX Lon Tunnel is not installed or is corrupted.
To verify that the LON port you have selected is not already installed in the computer, perform the following steps:
- Open the "LonWorks Interfaces" applet from the Windows Control Panel (Procedure describes operation with OpenLDV 4.00 installed. The procedure for OpenLDV 3.20 or OpenLDV 3.40 is similar to what is shown in the following steps.
- Under the "View" menu, insure that "Show detached interfaces" is checked.
- Select a LON port that is not already shown in the list and enter it in the "Lon Port" field of the "Niagara AX Lon Tunneling" Windows control panel applet.
If the LON port name is valid and the NiagaraAX Lon Tunnel service still displays the 1068 error message, an issue could be occurring with another Windows service or DLL file. Microsoft provides a method of diagnosing and possibly correcting this type of issue.
Open the Windows Start Menu and in the "Search Programs and files" box enter the command:
In the Command Prompt window, type in the following command:
This command "scans integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible".
In the event that this process finds an uncorrectable issue, the program will stop, displaying an appropriate diagnostic message.