Live video will freeze when play button is pressed in the Quick Search bar. The time stamp of the archived video is displayed, but the video pane is stuck with the last live frame of video displayed.
Video does not freeze when using 'Enhanced Search' or 'Jump to Recording...' features.
Pelco Video Management
Endura Workstation software
Video displayed on Endura WS5000 Workstation software is being rendered with a Graphics Device Interface renderer (GDIRender) instead of Direct Draw rendering (DDRender).
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below.
- Ensure that the WS5000 application is not running on the PC in question.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Pelco\Endura\WS5000\Packages\ for 32bit versions of Windows or C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\Endura\WS5000\Packages for 64bit versions of Windows.
- Right click on the Preferences.xml file and select Edit. Note: It is recommended that an advanced text editor such as Notepad++ be used to modify the file.
Modify the tag
RenderType type="GDIRender"to read RenderType type="DDRender"
- Save the file and start the WS5000 application.
- Repeat these steps for all affected PC's on the system.