The DX8100 is frozen at the "Open PDB" splash screen and has not changed for over 5 minutes.
Pelco Video Management
- DX8000 - All Versions
- DX8100 - All Versions
- Large HDD Capacity
- External SCSI/USB storage in use
- HDD hardware failure, file system or file corruption
The DX8100 may take up to 30 minutes to boot. This happens because the Pelco Database utility checks the integrity of the video files saved on the internal and/or external HDD (if one is connected). If the "Open PDB" screens hangs for longer amounts of time it could possibly be an indication of the following issues:
- The utility is corrupt which indicates DX8100 software corruption.
- The Database is corrupt which indicates DX8100 software corruption.
- There could be bad sectors on a storage drive.
- The motherboard may have a bad controller.
For information on troubleshooting possible hard drive or file system problems, refer to article: DX8100 troubleshooting hard drive (HDD) procedure
What is the hard drive type and size for the DX8000 Series DVR.
Recovery and Upgrade CD for DX8000 Digital Video Recorder (DVR) Series.
How do I run System Recovery on a DX8000 Series DVR/HVR.