When an alarm is triggered on the ALM-1, alarm recording needs to occur on the WS5000 software.
Pelco Video Management
Endura version 2.x
Sarix version 1.9.x
ALM-1 Alarm Accessory
Wiring / misconfiguration
Select the accessory appropriate for the following camera type.
IE Series and Spectra HD Series: Connect the accessory directly to the camera’s USB accessory port. For Spectra HD Series cameras, the ALM-1 alarm accessory must be connected to the accessory port closest to the dome drive when installed.
IX Series and ID Series: Connect the mini USB cable (supplied) to the accessory, and then connect it to the camera’s USB accessory port.
IM Series: Connect the left-angle USB cable (supplied) to the accessory, and then connect it to the camera's USB accessory port.
Enhanced IXE and IME Series: Connect the micro B USB cable (supplied) to the accessory, and then connect it to the camera's USB accessory port.
Wire the alarms following the instructions on page 8 of the AUD-1 Audio and ALM-1 Alarm Accessories Installation manual. In this scenario we are going to short pins 1 & 5 on the ALM-1 TB1 connector.
- Connect the ALM-1 Alarm Accessory to the camera. Reboot the camera.
Once the camera is back up login to the camera and select Settings > Events > Sources > New Source. Configure the source using the screenshot below as an example and click Submit when finished. The ALM-1 in this example is listed as all zero's in the Alarm Bank drop down menu.
Login to the WS5000 software as the admin account and go to Setup > Devices and locate your Alarm Arrays. Select the camera the ALM-1 is attached to from the list. This will typically say AlarmArray - (Serial Number of the camera) - Device (000000000000000). Configure the alarm using the screenshot below as an example then click Apply when finished.
- Click the Recording Schedules tab > Add > Enter a schedule name and click OK.
- Click the button next to Assign dates and times and select Add. Under Daily times select All day. Under Dates select No end date. Under Recurrence pattern select Daily. Click OK.
- Under Assign cameras to recording schedule click the Event-Based Recording tab. Click the button next to Events and select Add.
Configure the Assign Events window using the screenshot below as an example. Locate the name of the alarm event we modified in Step 5 and add it to Assigned Events. Locate the name of the camera we associated to the alarm and add it to Assigned Cameras and click OK.
- Expand the event that was just created and right-click the camera icon and select Properties. Modify the pre alarm and post alarm settings as needed and click OK.
Ensure the admin account is subscribed to alarm events under the Setup > Users tab and short the wires connected to the ALM-1. An alarm will be triggered and if the Quick Search is refreshed there will now be an alarm event.