NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
The DX4000 can record video based on motion detection.
Pelco Video Management
- DX4000 Series all versions.
- Installation and configuration.
To access menus on the DX4000 press the Menu button on the front panel of the unit or on the remote control, and then enter a user ID and password. Default: Administrator 1234.
From the main menu, select the Record option, and then select Timer Recording Setup. The Timer Recording Setup menu appears.
Navigate to the Motion Detection Setup command, and then press the Enter button. The Motion Detection Setup menu appears.
For each camera, set up motion detection settings as follows:
- Motion: Turn it on or off.
- Sensitivity: Select a level between 1 and 10, where 10 is the most sensitive.
- Region: Select “Partial” or “Entire”. When motion detection is turned on, the DX4000 detects motion on the entire screen by default.
For partial regions, set up motion detection as follows:
- On the Motion Detection Region Setup screen, press the arrow buttons to begin selecting an area of the screen where motion detection will be turned off, and then press the Enter button.
- Press the arrow buttons to highlight an area on the screen in any direction from the starting point, and then press the Enter button.
- Select as many regions as you require.
- The DX4000 will detect motion in any areas of the screen that are yellow.
After you have selected all the required regions, press the Return button. The following screen appears.
Select an option as follows, and then press the Enter button.
- Select All: Enables motion detection for the entire screen.
- Deselect All: Disables motion detection for the entire screen.
- Save & Exit: Saves the motion detection regions as you have set them up.
- Cancel: Removes all new selections and retains the current motion detection regions.
Repeat these steps for each remaining camera.
Press the Return button until all menus are cleared. A message appears stating that the settings are being saved. The settings take effect immediately.