WARNINGELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE REQUIRED.
Discharge all static electricity from your person by touching metal prior to handling any hardware. Failure to do so may result in damage to devices.
NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
DX8000 DVR operating system hard drive requires replacement.
Pelco Video Management
DX8000 Series DVR
- Failed Operating System hard drive
- Upgrading Operating system hard drive
After replacing the DX8000 OS hard drive you must run the DX8000 Reinstall CD.
Note: The Reinstall disk must be created as a bootable CD.
- Download the DX8000 Reinstall CD
- Create a bootable CD with the DX8000 Reinstall CD
Prepare the DX8000 to boot to the CD by going to the BIOS menu (Press the Delete key repeatedly after boot up)
- Go to Boot Menu and verify that the CD ROM Drive is the first boot device
- Go to the Exit menu to save changes if needed
- Run DX8000 Reinstall CD - Steps are the same as the DX8000 Recovery process
The Reinstall disk is meant for a new OS hard drive replacement, it will contain:
- The partition software to create a C: drive and a D: drive
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Version 2.0 DX8000 software
Note: If using a drive that is a non Maxtor drive, after running the recovery go to Windows Mode prior to the PDB and install the Intel Application Accelerator patch. This will make any other brand of hard drive usable with the DX8000.