How update monitors work and how to make an alarm on one
StruxureWare Building Operation
Check if a LON variable is offline/online
When you have a function block program with a nvo you can right click on it and choose "new - mirrored network variable"
When this is done a NVI is created at the local node.
You can only create an update monitor for nvi's and this is how you do it.
- Right click on the created nvi and choose "new - update monitor"
- Double left click on the nvi to see its attributes, it now has a update monitor.
- Right click on the variable for the nvi and choose " new - alarm "
- Choose "variable status alarm"
- Choose the criteria for the alarm and then create, make sure the "Trigger when variable is offline" is checked
You will now get an alarm when the variable gets offline