Backup search allows you to locate and playback video that was backed up to a USB drive or to CD/DVD media. You can also copy the backed up data from the media to the client PC’s hard drive.
Pelco Video Management
- DX Series Client software all versions
The DX Series client supports different search modes. Users must have permission to search recorded video.
NOTE: The backup location must contain backup files before the location can be added to the Backup Search dialog box.
To add a location:
- At the computer, connect or insert the backup media. The location is accessible.
- On the toolbar, click the Search button By default, the Search window appears in the Date/Time mode.
On the File menu, click Backup Search. The Backup Search dialog box appears.
4. To add a backup location:
- Click Add. The Add dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the location.
- In the Open box, click the Browse button The Open dialog box appears.
Find the backup location, and then click the location/device. The path appears in the Add dialog box.
5. Click OK. The location appears in the Backup Search dialog box.
6. In the Backup Search table, select the backup location, and then click Update.
7. Select the updated backup location, and then click OK. The backup media appears in site tree and the term “Backup” is displayed in each pane.
Search Backup Media
You can view backed up video in any search mode.
1. In the application window, click a pane. A red border highlights the selected camera pane.
2. In the Search control, select a mode. Days with video content display the date in blue when browsing the calender drop down.
3. Click Play .
4. To hear recorded audio, on the Playback control, click the Audio icon .
Exit Backup Search Mode
1. On the File menu, click End Backup Search. The unit returns to the local search mode.
2. To exit the search mode, on the toolbar, click the Live icon .